To lose weight generally people opt for shortcut methods that seem working fast however in a longer run the result can be more dangerous. The healthiest way to lose weight is neither crash diets nor bursts of exercise. The body likes slow changes in terms of food and exercise. The most effective way to lose weight is to reduce the amount of calories you eat and increase your levels of activity.
Some wrong methods for losing weight:
- Starving: When you suddenly start starving themselves. Diets that severely restrict calories or the types of food 'allowed' can lead you to be deficient in the nutrients and vitamins that your body needs.
- Dieting: US scientists conducting a comprehensive review of dieting research have concluded that dieting does not work. Through dieting you can initially lose 5 to 10 percent of your weight on any number of diets, but then the weight comes back. A few of the essential elements of any diet are that it must result in long-term changes in eating patterns, and it must be individualized to you and your lifestyle. It must also include 3 meals a day, contain adequate calories for you to function and stay healthy, and it must contain a good balance of proteins, carbohydrates, and fat. And once you start dieting your body gets deficient of important nutrition.
- Liquid diet: Liquid Diet consists of Fresh Fruit Extract, Fruit shake, Coffee, Milk, Protein shake, Soup. It's true someone on a liquid diet can lose up to 6lbs in 2-3 days only. But most of the lost weight is just water and as soon as you drink you will gain back the lost weight. And once you got bored of the liquid diet, and start eating again, the weight can come back and more if you are not carefull. The reason for gaining more weight this time is because during the time you are on a liquid diet your metabolism got used on just burning few calories, so when you go back to your normal calories intake your body (metabolism) will be slow already in burning those calories and that leaves you gaining more weight.
- Only vegetables: Vegetables are good for health however no food alone could ever cause us to lose weight, there is no such thing as the best single weight loss food. There are two types of vegetables: starchy and nonstarchy. Both types are part of a proper diet, but whereas nonstarchy varieties can be eaten in abundance, starchy selections contain more sugar, hence portion size need to be kept in check. Starchy vegetables include corn, peas, plantains, potatoes, squash, and yams. Choose dark green and dark yellow vegetables most often, such as romaine lettuce, broccoli, spinach, peppers, chilies, and carrots. To incorporate more veggies into your diet, add some to the foods you already eat, such as omelets, lasagna, casseroles, soup, and pasta dishes.
- Dieting pills: Diet pills are really magical but Diet pills can be extremely dangerous for your health. Most of these diet pills work by curbing your appetite so that you can lower you calorie intake. But if you lower your calorie intake, your metabolism rate might drop down too. So it's really a very short term solution to weight loss. Diet pills can cause many diseases also.
Some side effects of Dieting:
- Gastroenteric Disorder
- Helplessness, Depression
- Skin Abnormalities
- Menstrual Irregularities
So any single way doesn't works to lose weight. It also varies from person to person depending upon your body. So never starve yourself. Take a balanced diet, exercise regularly and keep yourself active.